- Culmore Community Partnership, Community Hub, 32-34 Culmore Point, Culmore, Derry, Londonderry BT48 8JW
- 25 February 2023
- 10:30:00 AM to 12:30:00 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Blind Date for Stuff – Event cancelled
10:30:00 AM to 12:30:00 PM
25 February 2023
Have you fallen out of love with your stuff? Do you need to break up with some well-loved items that just don’t do it for you anymore? Why not bring them to our Blind Date for Stuff and introduce them to the new loves of their life?
Bring along that novelty mug your ex left behind, or that funky blanket that doesn’t fit with the new minimalist you, and let us help you find them the perfect new home.
We’ll even try to set you up with an exciting new item that rocks your world!
In celebration of the month of love, this February Repair Cafe Foyle is partnering with The Playhouse’s Artitude: Climate, Culture and Circularity project for a fun way of saving your stuff from ending up in landfill.
Come join us and show your planet some unconditional affection, we’ll have a lorra lorra laughs!
How to take part:
- Choose one object from your home that is in good condition, such as a small household item like a table lamp or cushion, an item of clothing or accessories, or an unused gift set, that you would like to “introduce” to a new owner.
- Bring yourself and your chosen object along to Culmore Community Hub for their date with destiny.
- When you arrive you’ll be encouraged to chat to people and tell them why they should consider bringing your object into their lives. You’ll also have the chance to meet other items and fall in love all over again!
- We promise that you’ll have a fun time in a relaxed environment, with some tea, coffee and sweet treats to calm your pre-date nerves.